Tuesday, 22 September 2009

circle squares and lotta print reversible beach bag

A quickie sew for lugging towels and snacks and nappies and books and sunscreen and drink bottles and bathers and stuff up and down the dunes.

I didn't use a pattern and buggered up the bottom seams (sewed them sideways because it seemed just too obvious) and had to unpick them, but was pleased I managed to work out how to put it together so it is fully reversible.

I very much like both sides. The black and white is a heavy cotton canvas I bought as a remnant up here in Noosa from oddzandendz, the russet and cream is a linen handprinted by Lotta Jansdotta.

Will be getting much work this one.

13 comments:

travellersyarn said...

I'd love one like it!

Suse said...

Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I love it. You're like a small cottage industry. How do you do it?

Paul Overton said...

Oh man, I love this bag. If ever you feel like doing a tutorial for it. I'd love to make one. A friend has been bugging me to make her this very bag for a long time. Nice work!

Sue said...

I love this bag!!! - can you please either do a tutorial for it or just a simple description of how you did it, pretty pretty please with a cherry on top :)

sooz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mimi said...

I would love to make some of these for my nieces as Christmas gifts - they are awesome!!!

Mimi said...

I just tried the link to get your pattern for this awesome reversible beach bag... but it doesn't work :-( Would it be possible to email it to me?

Gracey's Sewing Blog said...

Could you pretty pretty please email me the pattern

donleevee said...

Wow this bag is so beautiful. I can't wrap my head around on how you created it because I don't see any seems. Wish you had patterns and instructions on how to recreate this because I adore this style.

donleevee said...

This bag is so pretty. i'm having a hard time trying to recreate your work. Do you have a pattern or intructions for it? email me @ donleevee@yahoo.com

Jackie (Literary Escapism) said...

So cute, but your pattern link doesn't seem to be working. I'm curious about where the seams are and how you made the handles and body all one piece (or at least the illusion of it).

Fiona said...

I'd love a tutorial for this bag too! I's only a beginner sewer so I hope that I can manage it!

Thanks so much for your site!
Fiona